Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fifty and Fabulous


Though A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle has had numerous covers over the past fifty years, the above will always be the only one for me. I have this version of the book on my shelf, though admittedly it is faded and worn as are all of the most-loved. I can't even count the number of times I read the tale of Meg and Charles Wallace over the years and how enthralled I was with the classic good versus evil battle. From Meg's brains and unwavering heart to the science fiction elements of the search for their father through the tesseract, it's impossible not to join the wild adventure. It is truly one of the books I grew up with and I am delighted that it is getting so much press on its 50th anniversary. If it isn't already, hopefully this will help it become a must-read for this generation as well as all future readers.



2 comments:

  1. I need to re-read this. It was the book that got me started reading sci-fi, and one of my favorite books when I was younger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more. Nothing makes me happier than an old favorite popping back up and getting the attention it deserves. Thanks for following the blog!

      Delete