Friday, March 2, 2012

A Submissive Sensation

With over 120,000 copies sold, E.L. James's Fifty Shades of Grey is apparently the "it" read of women's book clubs. It is allegedly super racy and very graphic, centered around the submissive sexual relationship between a billionaire and a student who meet through an interview for her college paper. I don't know if maybe I'm not the target audience, but the description and buzz about this book does nothing for me. The book clubs I'm in tend more toward the Catherine the Great and Bossy Pants end of the spectrum, for which I am now very appreciative. My interest in bodice-rippers tend to end at "romance lite," but I know this is a large part of the publishing industry. What do you think? Are you interested in the craze?


No comments:

Post a Comment